We all have some. We find that things are happening to us and around us all the time.
So many of you made comments and sent encouragement about mine concerning mom and dad. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Paul wrote this:
Philippians 4:11 ESV Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
Kathy and I find ourselves in the midst of circumstances that may seem very difficult and stressing. Some by others and some by our own making, but I am here today to say it is a good day to praise the Lord. He is the Maker of heaven and earth. He has the right and the wisdom to test me, encourage me, and use me however He sees best. I want to be like Paul and be content no matter what. Here is another passage that Paul wrote and this is the reason we can be content in our circumstances. This is the reason I live. This is what my life is about.
1 Timothy 1:8-12 ESV 8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 9 who saved us and called us toa a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 10 and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, 12 which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me.
Here are some reasons I can praise God Today...
- I have been blessed by so many who love me and are concerned for me. Thank you..
- I am awake and alive and praying to the Healer for several I know having surgery this morning. God Hears me.
- I have work to do and I am able by His grace to do it.
- I am going to be able to preach this Sunday AM. (FBC Acworth at 10:45 am)
- I have the most beautiful and loving wife a man could ever ask for in life.
- I am forgiven by God for my past mistakes.
- I live in a great country which is fixing to celebrate a birthday.
- I have 4 beautiful children who like me find themselves in circumstances but I know the Lord is at work in their lives too.
- I have 5 beautiful grand children who I am praying for everyday.
- I am blessed with most everything I could ever want or need. - (I could go on and on)
But more important than any of these statements about me and my circumstances, God is with me and loving me. That is the circumstance I must always keep first in my mind.