My daily Scripture reading is in the book of Isaiah right now. Reading through the book you always get the sense of bad times coming. The doom of Israel is emminent and the Prophet is telling it like it is. History proved that Isaiah knew what he was talking about. The earthly kingdom fell. The prophecy of the Bible is truth revealed. And we know that some bad, I mean really bad times are coming before the Lord returns because the Scripture tell us it is going to happen.
So as we consider our times we live in right now how bad are they?
- I still have food to eat and I really get a good assortment and very healthy food several times a day.
- I still have a beautiful home and feel safe in it.
- I lay down to sleep at night with no fear of someone harming me or my family.
- I have the freedom to come and go as I please wherever I want to go.
- I have the freedom to praise God openly. Even at public events I am often asked to pray.
- I have the opportunity to have fun. enjoy entertainment, and choose my friends.
So what is bad? For me not so bad. My income is way down no doubt. The support for the Ministry of Mission Team Inc has dropped a fair amount not due to lack of intrest or support for what we do, but simply because some do not have anything to give. Some people would love to send support, but just do not have it to give anymore. So we postpone or hold some things till later. We tighten our belts some and cut out some frills of life. We dip into savings (praise the Lord we have savings) and we get very resourceful on how to do ministry. So I guess I could complain about this, but many people do not have jobs and are really worried about a good many things I listed above. The truth is some might even be going hungry or without a place to stay. So for some, times have gotten real bad and I hope that that is not you. I do realize it is not me.
Once again the thing I am always reminded of when I read the prophets like Isaiah is how bad things will be before the Lord Returns. But Isaiah is full of hope for the people. And we should be people with hope.